As part of our continuing efforts to enhance customer service, the following
forms and reference materials are provided for our Industrial Users (IU's).
If you have questions concerning the MSD Pretreatment Program, which
regulates such users, please contact the Division of Industrial Waste
at (513) 557-7000. Our professional staff will be glad to assist you
in determining whether your company is covered by these regulations,
as well as answer your questions on the subject of industrial wastewater
processing and disposal.
Information for Surcharge Program, Food Service Establishments and Restaurants and the Auxiliary Meter Program for Commercial Customers is also available.
Current industrial hauler listing: Haulers marked in the "Industrial" column are registered with MSD and permitted to discharge industrial waste at MSD's facilities.
Current list of permitted users registered with MSD and permitted to discharge industrial waste to MSD.
Note: Several of these documents are in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
format, and require the free Acrobat
Wastewater Discharge Permit Applications (WDPA)
Note: MSD has changed to a modular permit system. Please use new forms below. All submittals must include a Sewer Use Customer Application and all other applicable forms.
- Sewer Use Customer Application : This document helps MSD determine if a company is potentially covered by the Pretreatment Program. Existing and proposed Industrial User’s must complete this form as part of their permit evaluation process. (Sewer Use Application Guidance)
- Contact Update Sheet: IU's need to complete this form if their company changes contacts or mailing address.
- Auxiliary Sewerage Meter (S-Meter) Form: Facilities utilizing an auxiliary sewerage meter (S-Meter) must provide the requested information using this form (Auxiliary Meter Form Guidance).
- Food Service Operation Form: Facilities engaging in food service operations must provide the requested information using this form (Food Service Operations Guidance).
- Manufacturing Operations Form: Information common to these operations and necessary for preparing a Wastewater Discharge Permit is gathered using this form. (Manufacturing Operations Guidance)
- Waste Hauler Operations Form : Regulations of the Metropolitan Sewer District provide that a person or company engaged in the business of pumping septic tanks, grease traps, cesspools or privy vaults must remit an annual permit fee for each vehicle. (Waste Hauler Operations Guidance)
Hauler Bond Application: This form is an interactive Acrobat document. Simply click in the gray fields to enter the necessary information, print the document for signatures, then return the completed form to MSD.
- Hauled Waste Generator Form : Firms which generate hauled waste for disposal at MSD must register their business operations with MSD. (Hauled Waste Generator Guidance)
- Medical Operations Form : Facilities with a Medical Operation must provide the requested information using this form. (Medical Operations Form Guidance)
- Vehicle Maintenance Operations Form : Facilities with a Vehicle Maintenance Operation must provide requested information using this form. (Vehicle Maintenance Operations Guidance)
- Special Wastewater Discharge Form : Facilities requesting a onetime discharge of special wastewater not covered under a pretreatment permit must submit this form to gain approval. (Special Wastewater Discharge Guidance)
- Stormwater Form : Facilities that have checked the Stormwater section of the Sewer Use Customer Application must submit this form. (Stormwater Form Guidance)
- Signature Delegation Form (17 KB): Limited Power of Attorney to allow an agent to act for a company regarding matters with MSD. Fields in the form are able to be typed into for convenience. However, the completed form cannot be saved with Adobe Reader, so be sure to print a completed copy for your records.
- Non-MSD Resources: MSD is not responsible for these sites; however, they are provided as a convenience to IUs.
- Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) System Search (links to non-MSD site): Tool provided by Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) to look up SIC numbers for industries.
- Business Services Queries (links to non-MSD site): Tools provided by Secretary of State of Ohio allow companies to look up their legal name and status. (Link updated February 9, 2011)
- NAICS Codes (links to non-MSD site): Tool provided by the U.S. Census Bureau to look up codes in the North American Industry Classification System.
- Ohio EPA Wastewater Permits-to-Install (PTI): According to the Ohio EPA's website, "Unless specifically exempted in rule or statute, anyone who plans to
construct a wastewater collection, conveyance, storage, treatment or disposal
facility must apply for and receive a wastewater permit-to-install (PTI) from
Ohio EPA before beginning construction.
- Pretreatment Program Rules, Regulations & Policies: From this page,
you can access portions of MSD Rules & Regulations, which lays out MSD's fundamental powers
and responsibilities. The portions include revisions to the Pretreatment Program approved by OEPA and the Hamilton County Board of County Commissioners.
- Enforcement Response Plan: This plan establishes the responsibilities and procedures MSD uses to enforce pretreatment and other pertinent standards relating to industrial wastes.
- Monitoring Station Requirements & Guidance (161
KB): DIW requirements for an industrial wastewater monitoring station.
These requirements are specified to minimize safety risk to employees
and to reduce the cost of operating a monitoring station. DIW periodically
monitors wastewater discharges by collecting representative samples
using flow proportional composite sampling techniques.
- MSD Industrial Stormwater Policy (43 KB): The review of wet weather discharges is an important requirement for permitted industrial customers. Implementation of the actions required by this policy will reduce the volume of polluted stormwater discharged to the MSD system and control the rate of stormwater discharged from permitted industrial customers into the MSD combined sewers.
- Rates & Charges: Information on MSD's charges
for sewerage service, including surcharge rates.
Industrial Waste Policies
Reporting & Compliance
- Periodic Compliance Report (PCR) Guidance: The PCR was formerly known as the Self Monitoring Report (SMR). Reference information for completing the PCR may be found in this
- Spill & Slug Control Plan
(SSCP) Guidance (126 KB): The regulations pertinent to an IU's
SSCP may be found in this handy reference.
- Required Posted Notice / Aviso en Español: This notice is to be placed at all IU's on a bulletin board accessible
to all employees. It lists the phone number to contact MSD in the event
of a discharge violation.
- Quarterly Violation Report (select a report from the list below):
- Annual Effective Report (select a report from the list below):